5 Ideas to Help Bootstrapped Business Owners Minimize Wasted TimeDec 17, 2022
Owning a business can be stressful, especially when you are bootstrapped.
The problem is that many businesses owners spend time doing tasks that they don’t have to or shouldn’t be doing.
A great way to think about this is:
Can you eliminate the task?
If the answer is no, can you automate it?
If the answer is still no, then can you delegate or outsource it?
It is important as a business owner to focus on the key activities that will push your business forward.
Below are 5 ideas to help you get out of your own way.
- If possible, hire a virtual assistant to take care of administrative tasks. You can train them to complete the less interesting and more time-consuming parts of your job!
- Use Trello or another tool to create a checklist for your employees. This will let them know what needs to be done and when it’s due. It will also remove the need for your employees to constantly be asking what needs to be done next.
- If you can’t eliminate an activity, consider automating it! There are lots of tools that exist online that allow you to automate small tasks like checking emails or scheduling social media posts. This way they get completed without having to spend time on them!
- Delegate tasks that you don’t need to do yourself. For example, if someone in your team is capable of taking care of it then try having them take over the responsibility when possible. This will free up more time for you so you can focus on high-value activities instead!
- Last but not least, plan out your time in advance. Create a schedule for yourself to make sure you are constantly working on the right activities throughout your day!
The best way to start is to be intentional in focusing on the activities you can bring the most value to.