7 Key B2B Growth Trends You need to know in 2021Dec 17, 2022
This probably could have been a top 10 list but I think these 7 are the most important.
In no particular order:
- The buyers have all of the power. They will dictate how they want to buy and the information that they are looking for. It will be critical to be aligned with their needs.
- Customer experience is a differentiator. You will not be able to compete on price or features and benefits. That path is a race to the bottom. You will win or lose based on their experience with your brand. The key is to take as much friction out of the buying process.
- Different is better than better. It is REALLY hard to prove your offering is in any way better than your competition. A better approach is being unique. How do you solve customer problems differently?
- Content marketing is foundational to scalable and repeatable growth. The more value you provide, the more your prospects will search you out.
- Make data-informed decisions on your business. Too many companies still rely on gut and instinct but with the world gone digital data is readily accessible to help you make better decisions.
- Customer success is the start of the sales cycle. The better the service and support (above and beyond experience) that you provide, the easier new business development is. If your customers love you, they will be the best source of new leads.
- Employee experience. This has become increasingly critical. If your employees are not bought in and don’t enjoy working for your brand, it will be almost impossible for them to get customers and potential customers excited about your offerings. It all starts with your team.
I almost included digital as a stand-alone but I have that tied into each of the 7 trends above.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you think I am missing anything